11.9.06

So much . . .

There is much to tell and relatively little time to catch everyone up on this past week's adventures.

I left Madrid on Thursday morning. Flew to Milan, Shanghai, Dalian (to discover that my flight did not exist and I had to purchase another one), Beijing, and finally to Weihai. The problem? ORBITZ SUCKS!! So, warning to all international travellers, stay away from Orbitz. The flights are attractively low, but you will surely make up the difference in other ways!!

Today begins WEEK 2 of teaching at Shandong at Weihai. I'm a bit sick. I have found an international group of friends--all English speakers. I still haven't been able to connect up with this David kid, but I hope to do so this week. Hopefully, my Chinese classes will get underway, but looking a bit doubtful in that department!

I have 5 classes--three writing classes and two conversation classes. The books are quite dull, so all of us are looking for materials online to supplement the books.

It is still quite sunny and warm here. I think we have about 2 more weeks of nice weather before it turns cold.

The school is about a ten minute walk from the Yellow Sea. Don't be fooled, it is quite blue. Lots of huge jelly fish. Needless to say, I have not been swimming in the water. Just on a friend's Catamaran for about 15 minutes.

Will cut down some pictures and attempt to post them here soon. Please be patient, this is China (common phrase one hears).