23.2.06

a first

currently proctoring study hall AND I HAVE NOTHING TO DO!! i didn't bring enough homework . . . all my thesis stuff is sitting on a "secret shelf" in the honors house. i already finished off a data problem for descriptive linguistics (it was a bugger--took two days!!) and re-read my spanish "anecdota" for like the fifth time.

this is not to say that i have completed all my work for the week. far from it. this is just s moment of unpreparedness. on my to do list for the weekend:
*write final chapter to thesis (and "think" about cohesiveness for the rest)
*afro-hispanic cinema short review/summary on Clando
*finish the rest of part ii of descriptive linguistics project (phonemic and phonetic transcription)
*prepare for oral and written presentation of spanish linguistics article

oh, and i've got to do this all on friday and saturday because SUNDAY, we are going to asheville to celebrate!

YEP, it's two years on Monday. damn if the time didn't pass me by . . .
feel free to join in on the festivities-- now until the end of February tickets to the Biltmore are $25 (a reduced rate from the normal $45). we're all over that. i've never been and i've heard it's quite a spectacle. i think it damn well better be at 25 bucks a pop! no way i would've ever paid full price. Ooo-- and there's a winery and a wine tasting! gonna get me some-a that!

happy night to all . . . i'm on my way to checking out asheville's restaurants!