16.4.07

Blogger is being really funky and not letting me attach photos. So, sorry those of you who enjoy pictorial stimulation.

Let's see...

Birthday is right around the corner. My brother, Derek, informed me several months ago that this birthday would be more unique than any I have had or will have. Ever. Why? This year I turn twenty-three on the twenty-third of April. How's that for snazz? I'm excited though I've nothing of particular import planned as it falls on a Monday =(

This past weekend I celebrated the THIRTIETH birthday of our dear french friend, Nadeige. Friday night we did the low-key dinner party with curry, fish, flowers, champaigne, wine, 2 cakes, a pinata...the whole bit. I made the mistake of making the pinata into the guest of honor's favorite animal...which led to a pinata that was raided and not beaten. Half the fun, but I suppose the results are somewhat similar. Saturday morning some of Nadeige's fellow countrymen trained in from Jinan. We met for apperitif at 6.30 and then headed to the night market where we supped and got royally ripped off, despite the fact that we had a Chinese woman in tow. One thing is for certain, we won't be returning to that particular tent. What I did gain from this experience was a renewed interest in seafood. We had some oysters that were incredible, so now I am on a mission to purchase and cook some!

It was a fun weekend, though I did not get much sleep and came home after class on Monday morning, quickly ate breakfast, and slept for 2.5 hours!!