7.4.07

Saturday Morning

This morning as I was walking on campus, I noticed the workmen who are building the new student dorms. They were hanging from little seats, chatting, and sanding the newly plastered walls...WITH SANDPAPER AND THEIR BARE HANDS. I couldn't believe it. I mean, geez.

Easter hiking trip fell through. The weather never particularly warmed up and all interested parties (including me) were feeling that getting ill at this point in the semester would not be fun. Not that getting ill is ever fun, but whatever. I think we made the right decision since no one has appropriate gear and it is now pretty cold, windy, and raining.

Yesterday, I zipped out of class and then met up with Wayne and Lori for lunch and to read the stations of the cross. Spent the afternoon with them and found out the Lori is one of the few others INTJ's in the world. We shared some amusing tales about getting the Myers-Briggs and learning that we would be good in management... a fact which we seriously doubt since we don't like being the end-all and be-all of decisions. After the relaxing afternoon, I zipped home to attend Nadeige's screening of Le Papillon. It was an excellent movie and I think I understood no more than 15 percent of what was being said. AND still it was good. So, check it out if you get a chance. Then, Nadeige and I stayed up and chatted until well into the morning--nearly 3:30 am. Towards the end, my words were barely sensical in English, let alone my attempts at verbalizing in Spanish. Seven hours of thinking/speaking and whew!!

Tomorrow, for Easter, we will meet in a group and hike up a hill/"mountain" to hold service on top of the mountain. Should be fuuuuunn!!

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!!