31.1.07

Travels with Dad: Part One

Begin 17 Jan. 2007 with an afternoon flight out of Weihai airport. Flew to Beijing where we took the shuttle bus downtown to meet up with my cousin, Josh. After a short rest, we took a black cab over to eat Indian food. It was my first Indian food since, well, my last visit to Beijing in October. Moseyed back to Josh's place where we watched the film Mean Girls. I found myself rather relieved for not having to experience such things in high school because I was either a.) oblivious to such things or b.) they didn't exist at Hillsboro.

We did some light touring on the 18th--the Drum and Bell Tower where we tackled some stairs:


and saw some (duh) drums and bells:



We ate some scrumptious Mediterranean pizza for lunch in one of Beijing's many hutongs. That pretty much made my day and I don't remember the rest of the afternoon, except for the fact that we saw some people ice-skating, if you want to call it that--perhaps push-chair skating would be more accurate?--on a partially thawing cannal AND that we witnessed the acrobatic show. The only thing better than the acrobatic show at full price (120-150 rmb) is the acrobatic show at a serious discount, which we managed to snag through a friend of Josh's. She-yeah!

1 Comments:

At 7:10 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

I'm sure it was great to see you Dad again. I love reading your blog, so keep it up, love. It's one those vicarious thrill things.
I am sending you love every single day. xoxoxooxoxo Aunt Pat

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home