14.10.06

The Scary Net

After getting eaten alive on my first night in China (when I crashed at Josh's apt. in Beijing), I decided to purchase a bug net upon arrival in Weihai. Much to my surprise, my apartment came equipped with such a suspended net. Roz told me that she had had no trouble with bugs, and I made the mistake of thinking bugs would likewise leave me in peace. I think I got about 10 bug bites added to my collection of 8 from the previous night. For some reason the bug nets are impossible to set up in the stupor of sleep. Believe me, I tried. So, now I put up my net everynight. It was bit creepy the first few nights.

Here is a picture of me inside the "net."


A bit artsy, don't you think? It was an accident, but I think it looks rather creepy. For some reason it reminds me of The Matrix-- my heat capsule is a bug-net. Hmm...