14.10.06

My apartment

The view/the kitchen. I'm standing in the doorway of the hallway taking the photo so that you get the "full view" of the apartment. That dark shiny object in the foreground on the left is my pint-sized refrigerator. Certainly, a step-up from the mini-fridges I've become accostomed to in dorm rooms, but a mite smaller than the fridge that Jewel and I shared on Poplar Street. For me alone here in China, it isn't really an issue because I eat out quite a bit. (Notice how I've cut out the picture of the stove which stands directly across from the fridge in the kitchen). There is also a sink to your right =)













My living room (replete with elegant vinyl furniture--there's another armchair around the corner to the right in my bedroom)













My bedroom. Notice the hanging bug net? The table-like thing to the left of the bed is an electrically wired unit that controls all of the lights in the apartment--including the "Do Not Disturb" sign underneath my doorbell in the hallway.









The bathroom. My towel has a funky monkey on it. Not much to be said here. I took this picture while standing in the shower (fully-clothed). So, you needn't worry, I do, in fact, have a shower.

3 Comments:

At 9:13 p. m., Blogger kylavoie said...

Am I allowed to be impressed with your apartment? It seems pretty nice! Is that typical of the residents of your city, or is it extra nice, as you are a 'respected guest'?

Awesome times. Oh, and what is the thing pictured next to the toilet? It looks like it could be:
a) a fancy trashcan
b) a fancy hamper
c) a fancy/tiny washing machine

Love ya!

 
At 9:21 a. m., Blogger lissablythe said...

our apartments certainly are quite nice especially since the building is only a few years old and has not yet become ripe and aged.

c) a small washing machine (it only has cold water so i have to use water from the shower if i want to hand wash in warm/hot =)

 
At 11:58 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Thanks, it helps me visualize where your life is happening. It sounds as if you had a good time in Beijing (i before e etc??)
Thanks for the update. I love you. AP

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home