23.10.06

Say Goodbye To Flip-Flops


It is winter time!! Saturday was still quite sunny and warm. And then, the RAIN began. It drizzled on Sunday and became fiercely windy by early afternoon/evening.* On the truck home from the Kiwi House, we saw that many bikes had hit the dust (and perhaps even a motorcycle/scooter vehicle). They haven't turned the heat on yet in the building and my toes, fingers, and nose can tell that the weather has changed. Luckily, our apartments came with a big fuzzy (but hideously red and flowered) blanket that I snuggled under last night. I am thinking about warm hats, mittens, scarves, and long underwear even though I haven't purchases any of these items yet!

Other news: Shandong has a running club run by a fellow foreign expert. I've joined in the short little runs up the mountain and plan on inking it into my calendar from now on. The word is that we run through winter (with a varied route, of course . . . wouldn't be wise to run next to the seaside when the temperatures drop once again).




*For those friends who hiked Roan Mtn. during our camping trip, the wind is pretty much like it was at the peak of the mountain.