29.9.05

So, now that that's out of the way...

As of late Monday night/early Tuesday morning, I THOUGHT I was officially done with my Fulbright application (notice the"thought"). Yes, I was unfortunately saddened/shocked to find out that this pesky little thing called "language proficiency report" would NOT, in fact, be filled out after my group campus interview that is half in Spanish. Silly me for thinking/being told (but who's really making the distinction?) that was the case?

Anyways, my pre-interview/form-filling-out session/conversation will occur ON TOMORROW (yes, I know that sounds funny, but I rather like saying "on tomorrow"). In the afternoon (as my interviewer is not "un madrugador" (I think is how he put it?) which = (despite what babelfish translators think) morning person (or, in the case of my negation, NOT a morning person). Cool.

So, tonight friends will flock (all two of them) to our apartment for some relaxation as none (relaxation) has really been had since school started . . . . So I am looking forward to that.

On the German front, not much happening there-- big goal for the weekend: to do the "impossible" of getting caught up (teacher thinks it is impossible, but I beg to differ since I have been 1/2 studying since the beginning). Point of clarification: teacher did not specifically tell ME that it would be impossible for ME to catch up, rather said it as a general warning to the entire class that "catching up" is nearly impossible. Geez! Have faith, lady!! (just kidding, I'm really not upset by her comment b/c, in fact, I mostly agree with her-- it takes extra work to catch up and can only be done before a certain point in the semester, like, let's just say for grins, the sixth week (umm... like next week =). I'm quite sure that this run-onish thing has been confusing enough so, it ends. Thank you very much).

Bought a plane ticket (well, not really "bought" in the generally accepted definition of the word since my financial contribution was little more than the tax and fees . . . ) to Detroit for Fall Break where I will visit my lovely grandmother, aunts (and uncles), and a few cousins!! I am excited since it has only been like FOREVER since I have seen them and Fall Break is quickly approaching (Oct. 17-18). To make it even better, I will be there for the weekend-ish part and still have Friday and Monday afternoon (plus Tuesday, if needed) to do schoolwork. Nice balance, I know.

Note specifically to old ETSU gang: 1. Dear old Nemesis of mine has been generally recognized as an evil person who should go back to Africa where she was "loved" (though this comment was not made by me, per se, I shared in the sentiment). However, it must be said that not having any REAL classes with this person certainly makes it easier to be around her or, perhaps to not be around her =) 2. Certain recent graduates are dearly missed, especially upon Kroger trips where, OH MY GOSH!!, they rearranged "all" (several) shelves; imported some stuff from France, Britain, Italy, Mexico, and SWEDEN!!; and now have like a gazillion different types of olive oils and vinegars =) AND when I find myself just wanting to chat, but oops! it's the middle of the day and thus not particuarly conveinent to call people who say, live out of town or work, etc. Bummer. . . . Let it be known, though, that I make many mental calls.

Oh, and here is a food announcement: V8 Tomato juice really isn't as repulsive as I've said it was in the past. I actually kind of like it. Am I getting old? Pondering . . . no, I just have "advanced" tastes =)

1 Comments:

At 12:20 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

www.wise-owl-ebooks,com Just sent you a visitorInternet Based Home Business

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home