16.7.07

Long Time, No Write

So many things to catch up on. Blogger wasn't working for a while in China, and then I got so wrapped up in life that I forgot to relive it here on blogger for all to see =)

Let's start with the most recent events. I am now home in Florida. I arrived just before midnight on the 14th of July. Add a long wait for my bags (there were three flights on the same carousel) and a drive from Orlando and that made for a 2:30 am arrival to Spring Hill. Some emails and a snack later and I was in bed by 3:45 am. I slept until 4 pm, got up, had pizza, unpacked, and then tried to go back to sleep. That was not possible and at 6 am on the 16th I decided to call it morning. And here I am.

Things I have found odd in two days of living in "my" country (a country that seems foreign yet oddly familiar at the same time):

*Drinking tap water? What's that? I won't die? Awesome. It tastes good? Even better.
*Flushing toilet paper down the toilet. I have only successfully remembered to do that three times in the fifty odd times I've gone to the bathroom.
*The height of my father's kitchen counter. It actually comes to my waist. I feel like all of my motions are exaggerated because I've been living in a miniature world for 10 months.
*Riding in a car instead of walking. It does make for quick journeys, but where's the fun?
*Fat-free, no sugar added foods. Having to worry about high fructose corn syrup and other dangerous additives. And people wonder why Americans are so uptight about what they eat--we have so much crap in our food we have to look out for it. The pressure was right there waiting for me at my first meal.
*Air-conditioning. My dad keeps his house at 78 F, and still I feel like I'm living in a polar ice world. Glad I have my nifty fleece.

That's all for now--off to study GRE stuff. Blah.