21.5.07

Golden Week Pics: Four

Everyone ready for a tour? Despite my look of disgust, I was really pumped about the tour even though the day didn't start off too hot. We waited for an hour for the bus and then spent another 30 minutes picking up others before rendez-vousing with the other bus and combining forces. The girl behind us was Dutch, Jewel.

Finally, after a full day of touring (the hotsprings, the tomb, the giftshop) we made it to the site of primary interest: The Terracotta Warriors. Excuse the blurriness. I think I was bumped.

From terracotta warriors to living-breathing ones:




Gently nudging in for a shot:


Nadeige desperately fights with her camera settings. You see, it was quite dark and we did have 2 hours to take pictures to our hearts' content. So we did =)

Some headless (not fully reconstructed yet) warriors in Pit 3


From the yard at the Terracotta Wariors, notice the "Don't walk on the grass" sign. Classic.

Though this was our first stop, I give it to you last: the museum/giftshop detailing how the Warriors are made. Though truly fascinating, I was not pursuaded to buy the pricey gifts.