1.5.06

Wrapping it Up

Ahh... at long last the FINAL week of my undergraduate career has arrived. I was thinking, as I sat in my last class on Thursday (Hispanic Writings and Composition), how wonderful this all feels. Then I thought, "what?" It is a bittersweet time. I'm getting (oh, heck, I HAVE been for quite some time) a little anxious about "the next step." Not really sure where it will lead me, what lies ahead, and all that jazz.

Newest news...

Got a rather exciting job offer on Wednesday. Maria Costa casually asked me if I wanted to go to China to teach English in the Fall. God, are you freakin' kidding me? That is not even a question worth asking--the answer should be soooo obvious. So, I sent off my resume to the people in China on Thursday. Hopefully, they will be gracious to my poor soul and give me a job. I had to refrained from being overly annoying and calling Maria on Friday afternoon to see if she had heard anything yet. I will probably call her on Monday. I just want to make sure that she has all the details down about when I can/can't come. Their semester (at Shandong University, Weihai) begins on September 3, which means 2 HUGE/CRAZY things:
1. I will have to get my Chinese Visa from the Chinese consulate in Madrid, Spain during my short vacation in July, AND
2. I will probably have to fly from Madrid to CHINA!!! (soooo glad I haven't purchased my return ticket yet... =)

trying not to get too excited, but gosh, it really is quite difficult to refrain. Oh, and did you know that I don't know a lick of Chinese. Yeah, so that should be interesting, right?

all this potentially good news comes with some rather upsetting news: no Chile for me. Yes, got that damned letter on Wednesday evening. The China thing must have been some God-like intervention b/c it was a little to coincidental for me writing it off casually.... Maria was quite shocked a little mad (?perhaps?). I know Joe was, well, PISSED. which was certainly a new and interesting experience for me to witness. Not pissed at me, just mad that this is how it turned out.

other news-- looking to do a conference in Savannah, GA in October on Pop Culture. Will probably look at some Latin American film. It will be a nice little project to keep me busy in May until it is time to leave for Ireland/The Netherlands/Germany/Spain.

1 Comments:

At 5:51 a. m., Blogger kylavoie said...

Boo on the Chileans, but that China thing sounds absolutely awesome! Great timing!!!!!

See you this weekend (I'll call you later on to firm things up). Wahoo!

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home